Friday, October 22, 2010

What's Been Going On...




                        I'm back, sorry it's been so long but there was nothing to really write about.
I still am unemployed, but i'm sure something will turn up soon enough.

 Up until this week I really had nothing going on. That changed this week though. Here in Buffalo we have a theater called Shea's. There have been a variety of acts that have come through town. From Stand Up Comics to Concerts but mainly it host's Plays.

Me and my mom usually go to one or two shows a year depending on what comes through. This year she decided to get us Season Tickets, so we get to see 6 shows total. Some of the shows we will be seeing this year include Shrek, Dream Girls, West Side Story, Mary Poppins and more. I cannot wait to see Shrek!

Tuesday was the first show of the season Mary Poppins. 
It was Awesome. Very well done. 
*I did not take this photo*

If you have the chance to see it, I highly recommend it!

Then Wednesday we went to see Danny Gokey ( Former American Idol Contestant). I found out he was doing a show with 2 other country groups at a local college a week before the show and my mom loves him so we got last minute tickets.

We were All the way Up, only 4 rows were above us, but it was still really good. Didn't really get very good pictures , we were pretty high up and cameras really weren't allowed so I had to sneak pics, but here are a couple I got.
All 3 Acts

The Band Perry

Danny Gokey

Steel Magnolia

Another Steel Magnolia
 I really liked the set-up, instead of having the bands come on one by one, all 3 came out at once. They then took turns. With Danny Gokey in the middle starting, the going to the right to The Band Perry, then moving to the left to Steel Magnolia. Then back to Danny again. 

It worked really well. Esp. Since they were joking and talking with one another. I am not a huge country fan, but they both were really good, having never heard of them before that night. I have to say that Steel Magnolia were very funny and personable. Dfinatly a good show.

In Other News, my mom is doing much better and got the OK to travel. So we decided we are going to take a little weekend trip to Pennsylvania. To visit our friends. Last Halloween then came up here:
Lexi - 2009

 
Since we really have not been able to do much this summer, We decided Next thursday morning we are going to head down there, we stay at their house so we really have no hotel expenses. We are going to stay for Halloween and Start Home Monday Morning, If we leave by 9 we should be home about lunch time. 4 Days, We did go for 3 days last year and they have been up here once this year.

My mom and Me - Knoebels in PA 2009
So I am sure I will have lots of pictures and stories to share. Lexi will be my little shadow for those 4 days I am sure. But that is quite alright, I don't get to see her enough. I mean how can you not love this little face???


Well That's about it for now.

Til next time.

Shelly <3

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE watching broadway performances!!
    You and I would get along smashing (see I have my fingers crossed).
    The last performance I saw was when I took Sloan to see Annie and I don't which I loved more the performance or watching her watch the performance.
    One of my all time favourite days.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete