Friday, March 5, 2010

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

So Happy Friday Everyone..

My Friday I thought was going to be good, We were getting an early start to the day. We were actually getting in the car a full 20 minutes before we normally do to head to work.

Then...

The car started "Bogging" down. Which means it seemed like it was not accelerating or hesitating this happened twice.

So we pulled in a gas station to check it out. It didn't seem too bad, but there was a little smoke and we know we need an oil change desperately. We drove back home and checked to see if it was still smoking, and it wasn't so we drove around home for a bit to be sure it was not going to happen again and then when we were sure it wouldn't break down and failing at getting an oil change fairly quick we went to work. Now we call before hand to let them know we were going to be late. So when we should have been at least 20 minutes early, we were an hour and a half late.

I figured ok, no biggie. The car still drives so I am not going to worry about it too much, I would be much more worried if the car wouldn't start. So everything seems ok with the car so far. Which is good.

But Then..

I get told that Our HR guys wants to talk to me.. I am worried. With all the changes lately I have no idea what could be going on. But we had a meeting a couple weeks ago and I thought that I was doing everything they wanted me to. If I wasn't no one ever told me different.

But Guess I was wrong. I was informed today that I can go and work at on of our retail stores. Or have no job. He was nice about it. But when I asked for specifics I was really given nothing. I am shocked. Really and heartbroken. I never thought this would happen.

I am the same person who works 2-3 hours extra every day when I am done with my stuff to help shipping because I know they are short handed, and Damien and his brother work there. I was never asked to. I was thanked for chipping in,for helping out when others wouldn't.

I am the same person who has been in the same position would have been 5 years in august. and no one has told me I was doing anything wrong until 2 months ago. I really don't get it. and I am crushed, I'm not going to lie.

I am sure it will all work out. But I loved this place. I really thought I was doing a good job. And why all of a sudden this change? I Don't know. I have no more set schedule, retail hours suck. I was 9-5, but I usually ended up doing 9-6or7 Monday through Friday. Now who knows. Whatever they give me. I need the job to pay the bills so I have to take it for now. But I will be looking for something better.

Just really sucks. This place was like none other I worked at, and I thought everything was great. I never thought I would leave there, Unless they shut down. Hell I watch one of the owners kid when she does not have school, at work. While still doing my job.

I really don't have anything else.. maybe I will like retail better. But I am going to miss my co workers and friends and my job. I am a creature of habit, which just got shook up and turned around..

I guess I should be thankful I still have a job, and they offered me something else. because of " All I have done for the company, and how I've gone above and beyond" apparently not enough though..

Hope everyone's Friday was better then mine, Couldn't be any worse!

Shelly <3

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry to read this!! I hope the new place is better. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly since you babysit the owners child what about approaching him and explaining how you feel and all the little extras you have done for the company.

    It couldn't hurt right?

    Good luck to you and remember everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete